Pages

April 14, 2011

Sewing Projects

So I had two baby showers in one weekend last week. It was very fun and I got to see some friends who have moved out of town and I hadn't seen in a year. As gifts I decided to go with something homemade so I made changing pads for on the go and a mini diaper pouch that holds a couple of diapers, wipes and maybe some A&D. I found the tutorial HERE (Violet Craft) but I can't find the direct link. I actually think it was linked from the sew mama sew blog as a gift idea but I snagged it a while ago and I can't quite remember. Anywho, it was super simple but practical and cute. I used flannel as one of the fabrics so it would be soft for little baby bottoms and I got to make one for a boy and one for a girl which was exciting as we find out what we're having next Thursday and the prospect of either is exciting.


I've also made a couple of pairs of shorts for the boy. They're just right for a boy who would rather wear no clothes, as they were cheap and easy. He got to pick out the fabric which I hoped would make him actually want to wear them and so far it's worked pretty well : )


Now I'm on to Easter outfits which I'm 100% sure I won't finish in time but I've also got something else up my sleeve. I'll fill you in in a week and three days.


Hope all is well!! XOXO -Amber

No comments: