Pages

November 19, 2008

Today is THE day : )

Well I have been slacking considerably on this posting! I really have no excuse I have been on maternity leave for almost two weeks now and STILL no baby so I have nothing occupying my time other than waiting for my little man! Today I am happy to say is the last day I have of just "me time" as Dr. Hu has had mercy on me and my poor aching body and is inducing me TONIGHT!!! Wohoo! (This is of course contingent on the fact that they are not swamped with women who have actually gone into labor on their own). Either way little Frankie should have a birthday of November 20, 2008 if all goes according to plan. As excited as I am it has been absolutely wonderful having soo much time with just the girls. Josh and I have been reflecting back on all that we have done in the last several years and it has been soo amazing having two precious daughters who are so close to each other to spend our time with. I had always thought that I would want to have all of my children close together but in retrospect am glad that I got to have soo much time with just my girls. I am soo looking forward to the future but I also know our lives will never be the same and in a way I will certainly miss this time and look back fondly on the time it was just the four of us. Thanks Jill and Gels for being such amazing, considerate, sweet, fun and overwhelmingly wonderful daughters, Frank is absolutely blessed to have such incredible big sisters!!
Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with the rest of my day: ) First just praise God that he always takes care of us. A few weeks ago I joked that the ice maker in our old fridge was broken and therefore we NEEDED all new appliances. Oh am I glad we went ahead and bought them because we woke up to our old fridge (which had been transformed into a drink fridge and pizza freezer in the garage) that had died during the night. I can't imagine if we had to deal with that on a day like today! Once again the Lord shows that he is taking care of us even before we know we are in need : ) All I had to do was fit two freezers worth of food into one freezer, impossible you say, but I am amazing I will let you know and with the exception of one 1/2 gallon of ice cream it is all in the freezer!!! WOW, I didn't even realize the capacity of the french drawer freezer until I needed it to be the size of two : ) This was especially tricky because of course I just went grocery shopping yesterday and in preperation for having a brand new baby and no motivation to cook and I bought 5 frozen pizza's, a frozen lasagna, super pretzels, a box of quiches, and a large box of lean pockets all of which is now in what I thought was a full freezer in my kitchen!
As for the rest of the day I suppose I will just finish my Christmas wrapping, address all of my Christmas cards and make some gingerbread cookies. If I don't keep busy the day will surely just drag on endlessly! Hope everyone is well!! We will put baby pictures up as soon as we can. XOXO, Amber

4 comments:

Amy said...

I wish you the best with your labor. I was also induced and loved it. I did not have to worry about my water breaking any place silly.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Good luck!!!!!

Ma'am and Dadgum said...

I feel blessed to have you as my daughter. I'm praying for a safe delivery and a healthy little boy. He is lucky to be coming into such a wonderful family. I love you all.

The Akin Family said...

We said a special prayer for you that all is well and easy, if that is possible! Can't wait to see pictures of Frankie. We are all very excited for all of you. I understand the way you feel about your time with your girls but just wait till you get your time with your son!!!
Love
Chris

Amy Fletcher said...

I'm so excited for ya'll! Sorry I am just now commenting, but I can't do it from work and I'm a few days behind on my blog reading. Congratulations, and welcome Baby Frank! Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!