Pages

February 7, 2010

The Uglies/Pretties


Notice anything unusual? These pictures have been altered to make all of our faces symmetrical. I did this just for fun after reading the Uglies series. In the book, at the age of 16 everyone undergoes a huge plastic surgery to make them beautiful, part of which makes them symmetrical. When I did these pictures of us I was a little surprised at how different the two pictures of the same person looked, all of us have a skinny side and a wide side. I think Josh is the most symmetrical of all of us. I won't go into all of the details but I enjoyed reading the books and also read the companion book that talked about where some of the ideas came from. The "maglev train" in the book is based on a real train that levitates and can go over 350 mph using magnetics. I want one of those built between my house and ABQ so I can go over for dinner : ) Pretty neat concepts with regards to the technology in the books, but wouldn't it be weird if everyone became beautiful at 16. In a way no one would be beautiful because we would all be the same. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: