Pages

June 15, 2011

Round Two at the ER

Here is my daredevil son, Frank. He broke his arm, both the radius and the ulna (forearm), while he was playing on the ottoman. Same ottoman as the previous tooth incident so we're getting rid of it! Really not an interesting story to go along with this injury. Me, my mom, and Josh were all sitting right next to him when he jumped from the sofa to the ottoman, lost his balance and fell. It was obvious to me right away that his arm was broken because it was shaped funny. He cried a bit but mostly was pretty calm and aware that he had, in fact, injured himself. The ER put him in a splint for five days to wait for the swelling to go down and we went back for his cast today. He looks really somber in in this photo but he thinks it's pretty cool and keeps telling people he broke his arm.
Since he broke both bones in his forearm he has to wear a full arm cast for the next two weeks. Then we'll have it cut off, x-rayed again and hopefully a short arm cast after that for 2-4 weeks. It couldn't be a worse time to have a cast in Phoenix because there is no swimming : (

He thought the casting process was pretty interesting and was intently watching every step. He didn't seem phased when the person next to us had their cast sawed off, but it definitely freaked me out a smidge.
Here's his splint the day of the incident, he hasn't had a shirt on since.
Anyway, so so sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have tons to talk about and I will try to get on here a lot over the next week to catch up!!
Hope all is well!! XOXO -Amber

1 comment:

Ma'am and Dadgum said...

He's such a champ! I love the lime green color. Have the girls signed it yet? I'll bring my marker to Pinetop.