Pages

April 14, 2010

Julie & Julia

I finally watched Julie & Julia and loved every second of it!! I really like food and cooking so I knew I would like it once I took the time to watch. Little did I know that the main character chronicles her journey on a BLOG, too cool! Anywho, Frank and I went straightaway this morning to pick up a copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" and the book Julie and Julia which the movie was based on and I intend on reading the latter this week. I also think I will do a little bit of experimenting in the kitchen. Nothing too crazy, over 500 recipes in 365 days is a stretch even for me, but I am pretty excited to try something a bit more extravagant in the kitchen now that I have more free time. I started tonight with hollandaise sauce, because it's one of my favorites, and it was Delish!! and much easier than I was expecting : ) I also used my leftover egg whites to make meringues with brown sugar, too yummy!!

2 comments:

Ma'am and Dadgum said...

THAT'S MY GIRL!!

Bubbles In My Think Tank said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I am really enjoying it! Looking forward to reading more.