Pages

April 20, 2010

Nigella Lawson is sheer genious

Nigella Lawson is on the money a lot of the time; in my opinion at least. That especially held true with tonights dessert, a gooey chocolate pudding. The simple name kind of masks what a decadent dish this is, and it is quite simple to make really. It may have been once of the richest, and most delicious, chocolate desserts I've had, and let me tell you there have been a lot : )

3 eggs, 3/4 c. sugar, and 1/4 c. flour wisked in a bowl, add 1 stick of butter and 4.5 oz dark chocolate that have been melted in the microwave together and blend. Pour into 4 buttered and floured ramekins and bake for 10-12 minutes in a 400 degree oven and voila, it's BRILLIANT! To counter the richness I also whipped a bit of cream and offered it on the side which was a nice touch.

Frankie got a chocolate snack pack which he thought was fabulous too ; )

2 comments:

Amy Fletcher said...

Oh, don't you just LOVE Nigella? She is just amazing. I want to be her when I grow up! I'm gonna have to try that recipe!! Jesse and I adore dark chocolate! Thanks for sharing.

Katherine said...

I'm a Nigella fan too, fun blog, thank you for sharing. Wishing you happiness, Katherine