Pages

July 12, 2010

We're Back!

We're back! We have just gotten back from our annual trip to Albuquerque where we spent the last two and a half weeks. We had a Fabulous, Marvelous, Wonderful time, but it is nice to be home where I can sleep in my own bed. We mainly go to ABQ to visit family as that is where my parents and Josh's mom and sisters both live. It's always fun catching up with family, but this time it was almost more. I really felt like we got to see everyone more than we usually do which was really great because the one time visit is always soo short that you never really get to do more than just see how big the kids have gotten and....well you know. It was so great that the kids got to see their cousins a bunch and have sleepovers and all kinds of stuff. We also did tons of fun stuff with Ma'am, Dadgum, Uncle Bubba and Jess which I will go into detail on in later posts.

It was also an unusual visit for me in that for the first time I really felt like a guest in my parents house. It's the house I grew up in and usually when we go to visit it feels like home to me. This time it was less so, not that I didn't feel welcomed and everything that's wonderful about visiting parents, it was just that it's really become their house and mine has become my home. I suppose you could say it's about time seeing as how I'm 30 but it's an unusual experience being in your childhood home and not knowing where stuff goes when you empty the dishwasher and not being able to find a bandaid. I guess I'm a "grown-up" now, too weird!

Anywho, we had loads of fun and now I have tons of work to do around the house so I've gotta split. Hope all is well! XOXO -Amber

No comments: